Thursday, January 8, 2009

Just A Recipe...

I didn't get around to making the caramel cupcakes with caramel buttercream today. May be tomorrow.

While searching the internet for cupcake things today I came across something interesting, A Cupcake Camp. Who knew there was a cupcake camp? I would love to go but it is in San Fransisco and Toronto. The one in San Fransisco was in early December. But if you want to attend the one in Toronto it is being held on January 25th from 2-5. It is held at Labspace Studios at 2A Pape Ave. For more information you can visit their website here.

Since I don't have much to post today I will leave you with my vanilla cupcake recipe:

Vanilla Cupcake
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp. vanilla
  • 1 1/ cups flour
  • 1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line pan with baking liners.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then add vanilla.
3. Combine flour and baking powder. Add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the milk until smooth.
4. Spoon into baking cups filling 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.

1 comment: